It’s always fun to spend some time going out to the movies or even just watching them at home. Movies have been around for over 100 years, but we are still mesmerized by them. Of course, they have come a long way since the old black and white and soundless productions they once were.
Today, we have 3D movies and all sorts of digital enhancements and computer graphics to entertain us. But still, the most important and memorable part about films for most people are the actors and the words they say. Sometimes people remember those words for a lifetime. They can even become part of popular culture for quite some time.
Recently a poll was conducted in Britain by Sky, a media network in the country. They wanted to know what the top 10 movie quotes were. Curious? Here you go:
- “I’ll be back.” The Terminator – 16%
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Gone With The Wind – 15%
- “Houston, we have a problem.” Apollo 13 – 8.8%
- “May the force be with you.” Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope – 8.4%
- “My mamma always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”‘ – Forrest Gump – 6.05%
- “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” Dirty Dancing – 5.8%
- “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.” Casablanca – 4.75%
- “There’s no place like home.” The Wizard Of Oz – 4.2%
- “Here’s Johnny.” The Shining – 4.15%
- “No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.” Goldfinger – 4.15%
That’s a pretty solid list of quotes from some excellent films. If you know of some other great movie quotes that should have been on that list, why not submit them to our site!